Collect perf data of a ceph process at runtime¶
This is an advanced topic please be aware of the steps you're performing or reach out to the experts for further guidance.
There are some cases where the debug logs are not sufficient to investigate issues like high CPU utilization of a Ceph process. In that situation, coredump and perf information of a Ceph process is useful to be collected which can be shared with the Ceph team in an issue.
To collect this information, please follow these steps:
- Edit the rook-ceph-operator deployment and set
- Wait for the pods to get reinitialized:
- Enter the respective pod of the Ceph process which needs to be investigated. For example:
gitinside the pod. For example:
Capture perf data of the respective Ceph process:
- Grab the
pidof the respective Ceph process to collect its backtrace at multiple time instances, attach
gdbto it and share the output
- Grab the live coredump of the respective process using
- Capture the Wallclock Profiler data for the respective Ceph process and share the output
- Collect the
perf_report, backtrace of the process
corefile and profiler data
gdbpmp.dataand upload it to the tracker issue for troubleshooting purposes.